.

Arrests over attack Lucy Spraggan

Two women have been arrested in connection with an attack on the former X Factor contestant.

The 25-year-old, who appeared on the talent show in 2012, was allegedly assaulted outside a karaoke bar in Brighton in the early hours of Friday.

A spokesperson for the singer said she suffered cuts and bruises to the face, as well as bite lacerations.

A 26-year-old woman and a 27-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm have been released on bail.

Spraggan posted photos of her injuries on Instagram - including a selfie in which she appears to be holding a black clump of hair.

She wrote: "That's my own hair. Was attacked tonight after the show in Brighton, along with my guitarist and wife.

"Sussex Police have been amazing and are pursuing a charge."

Another photo, which the singer captioned "sore", appears to show red scratches and bruises on the star's face.

 

A post shared by Lucy Spraggan (@lspraggan) on

In a separate post, the singer added there had been "a lot of speculation" over the alleged assault.

She said: "Me, my wife and my guitarist are all ok.

"Two people were arrest and bailed while the police gather evidence. Thank you all for the kind words, that's all we have to say for now".

Both suspects have been bailed until 15 April pending further enquiries, Sussex Police said.

More from Showbiz News

Cover art for Blame It On The Boogie

On Air

Phil Ray playing Jacksons - Blame It On The Boogie