Chesterfield residents can have their questions answered about the two proposed Traveller pitches in the borough at drop-in sessions to be held in the next few weeks.
Chesterfield Borough Council is required by the Government to identify two further permanent Gypsy and Traveller pitches in addition to the two existing pitches in Chesterfield.
Residents and stakeholders can take part in the consultation until Monday 26 March.
Six provisional sites have been proposed to host the two permanent pitches. These are:
- Miller Avenue, Mastin Moor
- Bevan Drive, Inkersall
- Brooks Road, Barrow Hill
- Birchwood Crescent, Grangewood
- Atlee Road, Inkersall
- Keswick Drive, Newbold.
Anyone using these permanent pitches would be required to pay Council Tax and utility bills in the same way as other residents.
Councillor Terry Gilby, Chesterfield Borough Council’s cabinet member for economic growth, said: “We are aware that people have strong feelings on the subject of the proposed Gypsy and Traveller pitches in the borough.
“We want to hear all of these views and I’d encourage all our residents and stakeholders to take part in the consultation before 26 March.
“No decisions have been made and any proposals will be subject to agreement by an independent planning inspector following a public inquiry where people will be given another opportunity to give their comments.”
Paper copies will be available at the council’s Customer Service Centre in New Square or Chesterfield Library on Beetwell Street.
The quickest and easiest way to respond is by emailing email@example.com
Alternatively, written comments can be sent to Strategic Planning and Key Sites, Town Hall, Rose Hill, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 1LP.
People can have their questions answered at drop-in sessions to be held at the following dates and times:
- Monday 26 February: noon to 6pm, The Hollies, Sutton Crescent, Inkersall
- Thursday 1 March: noon to 6pm, Burns Close, Grangewood
- Friday 2 March: noon to 7pm, Newhaven Rest Rooms, 8 Station Road, Barrow Hill
- Monday 5 March: noon to 6pm, Wimborne Crescent, Newbold
- Tuesday 6 March: noon to 7pm, Town Hall, Rose Hill, Chesterfield
- Friday 9 March: noon to 6pm, Eventide Rooms, Cherry Tree Grove, Mastin Moor