The casualty also sustained burns in the incident.
A New Whittington resident required oxygen and suffered minor burns-following a house fire there last night.
It happened at a property off High Street, and is thought to have been caused by a tumble dryer.
Crews extinguished the blaze at around 6.30pm.
1819 hours #Staveley_Blue & #Chesterfield_Blue used 2 breathing apparatus and 1 hose reel jet to extinguish a tumble dryer fire in a property off High Street New Whittington. One casualty suffering minor burns was removed from the property and given oxygen by crews. 🚒🔥— Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service (@DerbyshireFRS) February 6, 2019