Flood alerts are in place for parts of Derbyshire this afternoon as more rain has fallen in our area today.
The environment agency still have a flood alert in place around Ashford-In-The-Water near Bakewell around the river Wye.
While the Met Office has warned we can expect around 45 millimetres of rain today in total.
We are asking drivers to avoid unnecessary journeys. If you come across a road that is closed or you are unsure whether it is safe to proceed, turn around and find another route, even if that route adds a lot more time to your journey.— Derbyshire Police (@DerbysPolice) November 14, 2019
A Derbyshire Police spokesperson said: "If you come across a road that is closed, or you are unsure if it is safe to pass through it, it is imperative that should you come across flood water on your journey that you do not drive through it, turn back and find an alternative route.
"Where roads have been closed, respect those signs, do not move them and do not attempt to travel on that route.
"Where minor flooding has taken place and the water level is low and clearly passable, drive through at low speeds. The wave caused by a vehicle driving through water can cause water to be forced into properties causing them to be flooded where there would otherwise not be a problem."
Road closures in Derbyshire are possible today because of flooding. You can keep up to date with road closure information on the @Derbyshirecc website. If a road is closed please do not ignore the closed signs. https://t.co/Mssu6pG8cK— Chesterfield BC (@ChesterfieldBC) November 14, 2019
Derbyshire Dales and High Peak
- A623, north of Stoney Middleton, between the village chip shop and the junction of the B6521 at Eyam is closed due to a rock fall - diversions are in place
- Abney Road, Abney to the Gliding Club - closed because of a landslip and likely to remain so for some time
- Park Lane, Rodsley, Ashbourne - closed because of flood damage
North East Derbyshire and Bolsover
- Birkin Lane, Wingerworth - road closed at junctions of Pearce Lane, Bolehill Lane and Malthouse Lane because of flooding caused by a water leak
- Gashouse Lane, Eckington - closed because of damage to the road from flooding
Amber Valley, South Derbyshire and Erewash
- Heage Lane, Etwall - closed because of flooding
- B5010 Main Road, Borrowash to Thulston - closed because of flooding
- Ingleby Lane, Swarkestone - closed because of flooding
- Church Lane, Barrow upon Trent - closed because of flooding
- Brookside Road and Croft Lane, Breadsall due to flooding – from A61 up
- Littlewell Lane, Stanton-by-Dale back to junction with Longmoor Lane
- Windley Lane between Turnditch and Duffield - closed due to a felled tree
- Main Road, Ticknall - closed because of flooding
- Derby Road, Melbourne - closed because of flooding
- Robinson’s Hill, Melbourne - closed because of flooding
- Quarry Hill Road, Ilkeston - closed because of flooding
- Reedman Road, Sawley - closed because of flooding